This larva was likely in the bag of dog food before our reader even brought it home from the store. She can go through the food and remove any other larvae she finds, or simply throw the food away. Getting rid of these larvae early is important because once they mature into moths and lay eggs, a full blown infestation can be underway.
ATTENTION: GET PARASITE HELP NOW! At All About Worms we get a lot of questions about skin parasites, blood parasites, and intestinal parasites in humans. Because we can't diagnose you, we have put together this list of doctors and labs who understand and specialize in dealing with parasites in humans! That resource is HERE
To end, one of our readers found a small larvae in the dog food bag she opened. We believe she has discovered an Indian Meal Moth Larva. We recommend she get rid of the food so that there is no risk of an infestation. In the mean time, if her dog accidentally eats a larvae or two he will be fine, these larvae are harmless!
|No Paywall Here!
All About Worms is and always has been a free resource. We don't hide our articles behind a paywall, or make you give us your email address, or restrict the number of articles you can read in a month if you don't give us money. That said, it does cost us money to pay our research authors, and to run and maintain the site, so if something you read here was helpful or useful, won't you consider donating something to help keep All About Worms free?