We received a strange question a little while back concerning the implications of swallowing a bug. A bug flew into our reader’s mouth, and at least some of the bug was swallowed. The reader experienced some irritation in the back of her mouth, and she also had a sore throat, so she was wondering if she should be worried. However, the discomfort might be the result of allergies, according to the reader, and not the fact that she swallowed a bug. The reader asked if we could “help at all,” so we presume she wants us to comment on the whether or not it is dangerous to swallow any sort of bug, a matter we will try our best to address.